What Is MOTORPRINTER?
MOTORPRINTER is a revolutionary laminated object manufacturing (LOM) 3D Printing method for electric machines that provides:
- The Only Practical 3D Printer That Will Democratize The Just-in-Time Manufacture of Axial-Flux Electric Machines By Localizing Clean, Non-Smokestack Manufacturing At The OEM Facility, At The Boutique Manufacturer Facility, Or At The Research Facility;
- (e.g., Portable, scalable, just-in-time, and rapid additive manufacturing without secondary machining processes. Note: Compared to other forms of electric machines, such as the radial-flux form of electric machine (or rotor cylinder inside a stator cylinder form), the axial-flux form of electric machine (or adjacent stator and rotor disks) has been shown to reduce copper utilization by 13-14% and iron utilization by 21.5-32.5%, while providing higher torque density and finer air-gap depth control without rotor and stator surface contention during over speed but requires a more robust frame and bearing assembly.
- The Only Practical 3D Printer of Axial-Flux Electric Machines With A Patented “Method” of 3D Printing;
- (e.g., As a patented “method,” which protects the manufacturing IP, including the product manufactured with the IP, MOTORPRINTER will democratize manufacturing with distributed manufacturing, will eliminate the consolidation of electric machine manufacturing to labor oppressed countries, and will provide a leverage against unfair trade practices between disparate countries.)
- The Only Practical 3D Printer of Axial-Flux Electric Machines That Uses Readily Available (or Off-The-Shelf Materials) With The Highest Electromagnetic and Structural Performance;
- (e.g., Off-The-Shelf electric machine materials, such as amorphous metal ribbon, electrical steel, structural steel, etc., are optimally pre-manufactured by third party foundries using the most optimized production methods under the lowest cost while providing the most optimized electromagnetic or structural performance. All other 3D Printers use materials that are specifically manufactured for optimum compatibility with the 3D Printer, instead of the electric machine performance. For instance, amorphous metal ribbon has ideal electromagnetic performance properties but although discovered a half century ago, its demanding structural properties (e.g., extreme hardness and thinness) have prevented electric machine manufacture until MOTORPRINTER)
- The Only Practical 3D Printer of Axial-Flux Electric Machines Where The Low Material Waste Is Easily Reprocessed With Little Environmental Impact;
- (e.g., All others 3D Printers have environmental and reprocessing issues with their resulting waste)
- The Only Practical 3D Printer of Axial-Flux Electric Machines That Manufactures SYNCHRO-SYM’s The High Frequency Transformer and Low Frequency Electric Machine Cores On To The Same 3D Printed Frame Without Changing The Electric Machine Footprint;
- (e.g., This is at least convenient for SYNCHRO-SYM but also provides the additive manufacture of high frequency, high power transformers for the smart grid. Still in research, other potential providers of 3D Printing of electric machines are redesigning the electric machine form to adapt to their style of 3D Printing.)
- The Only Practical 3D Printer of Axial-Flux Electric Machines That Is Engineering And Fabrication Ready.
- (e.g., Empirical studies have been successfully performed with Metglas and IPGPhotonics. All other 3D Printers of electric machines are in an uncertain research and development phase)